Monday, September 7, 2009

Did everyone forget?

Marty and I went to Hobby Lobby to get some fabrics that I needed to try out a new pattern. So we walk in and this is the conversation that ensued:

Marty: What the heck?
Me: What?
Marty: Why are there Christmas Trees already
Me: 'cause they sell Christmas trees
Marty: Yeah but we haven't even celebrated Halloween or Thanksgiving and they already have CHRISTMAS?
Me: All the stores Ive been to are already pushing Christmas. I told you, remember, I needed to start listing Halloween stuff in late July early August.
Marty: Well forget that...start listing Valentines Day and Easter stuff instead! Its seems like people have forgotten to enjoy the season.
Me: Maybe, but I like it.
Marty: THEY ARE CRAZY!!!

You see Marty is a very intelligent man. That man only has to touch a text book and he knows the subject matter in seconds. I have a feeling he learns through osmosis. What he is not good at is retail. My poor hubby, lol. He feels all stressed out now. He feels like the retail super man is pushing him to buy early, to buy big, to just BUY BUY BUY!! So to stick it to the "man" Marty is going to 'fore go' this season of holidays. Instead he will be decorating the house in little heart lights outside the house and start putting cupids on our trees. Might as well, he says...we don't celebrate Thanksgiving anymore! *sigh* OK Marty...but your gonna miss a good juicy turkey and creamy mashed taters. You go ahead and celebrate Valentines, Ill be all warm and cozy eating my pumpkin pie and hot chocolate! Ill be thinking of you my dear...have fun!

No comments: