Thursday, January 14, 2010

I know Ive said it before, but I have to again

I need to loose weight! I am going to follow my pregnancy diabetic diet...honestly its just the diabetic diet. Yes, I had gestational diabetes AND im knocking on diabetes 2's door right now. I want to be here for my girls, I want to see them grow up, graduate, get married and become moms. I want to be here. Ive seen my uncles loose limbs due to diabetes. NOT ME!!! I DONT WANT THAT!!! I want my sight, I want my limbs...so I need to loose the weight...60 lbs thats my goal. Wanna join me? GO FOR IT. Here is the diet

Breakfast:

15 grams of carbs

1 serving of protein

veggies (as much as you want except anything has is a carb like potatoes)

no fruits

no juice

water but coffee is ok


snack:

15 grams of carbs

1 serving of protein

as much veggies as you want except anything that has carbs like potatoes (they have to be counted as your carb intake)

fruits 1 serving of any one fruit medium size (not packed in syrup)

no juice

waer is better, but I like crystal light


lunch:

30 grams of carbs

1.5 servings of protein

as much veggies as you want except anything that has carbs like potatoes (they have to be counted as your carb intake)

fruits 1 serving of any one fruit medium size (not packed in syrup)

juice is ok but only about 8oz

water is best, but I like crystal light


snack:

same as above


Dinner:

60 grams of carbs

2.5 servings of protein

as much veggies as you want except anything that has carbs like potatoes (they have to be counted as your carb intake)

fruits 1 serving of any one fruit medium size (not packed in syrup)

juice is ok but only about 8oz

water is best but I like crystal light


Also look at the sugar grams of your foods. It shouldnt be more that 10 grams per serving and then look at the serving. I try not to go over 15 grams of sugar per serving but the smaller the number of grams the better. Also take into account the carbs..how much does the sugar account for the carbs...if its more than half then the products is really not good for you.


Im going to use http://foodnetwork.com/ to help me plan my meals..and Im using the healthy meal link. I will maybe make some soul comforting foods *you know the ones that have high in fat meal* but maybe once a week or a month. We will get a free day...Im choosing Sunday where I can eat whatever i want.


I will be working out...and I will post what Im going to do and I will promise to make sure I post my excersis intake during the day.


So there you go..let me know if your with me!!! I will start Monday...hey I have to plan my menu and go grocery shopping!! NO JUNK FOOD!! Go shopping NOT HUNGRY! ok there you go.


No comments: