Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Update: Recap 2010

Maybe I spoke to soon.  When I posted my 2010 recap blog post, little did I know that in 24 hours our family would loose another member.  Yes, that is what happened.  I never got to meet my little cousin.  She lived in Oregon and is the daughter of my dad's brother Raul Garza. Her life was cut short due to a car accident. Here she is:


Beautiful isn't she? Yeah that's the Garza part of the family...we have great looks!  Still, in all seriousness.  Her life was taken away by 2 major factors that can be prevented.  She got in a car that was being driven by someone who had been drinking and she possibly wasn't wearing a seat belt. She was ejected out of her car when the vehicle went out of control.  I could never imagine and I hope GOD never puts that kind of test on me to ever go through a loss of a child, what my uncle may be going through.  My heartfelt condolences go out to him and Ashley's brothers and sister. 

My reason for this post, is not to bring about sadness.  I don't want my cousins death to be in vain.  She was 20 and her life could have been saved.  Please, don't drink and drive.  Don't get in a car with a person who has been drinking...call a cab, call a friend, call someone, just don't get into that car. Always, ALWAYS wear your seat belts.  It doesn't matter if you are in the back seat.  Ashely was in the back seat...and she flew out of the car.  There were 3 other people in that car, they all survived.  Its a very had lesson for our family, but I want it to be a lesson to all. I am now making sure all my girls buckle up when we get into our truck.  I will not move until they are all buckled in. 

Be safe my friends...I don't want to hear of anymore losses, the closing of this year couldn't get here any faster.  Till 2011!!!

BIS DANN!!!


No comments: