Saturday, February 18, 2012

Im a slave to my electronics

Marty (that's the hubby) says there isn't a piece of equipment, electronics that is, that can keep up with me.  I use and abuse my cell phone, my computer, and I'm surprised my printer hasn't given out on me these past 6 years!  I'm constantly connected.  I know I would be one of those people that would have a panic attack at the thought of not being able to have my phone on me for a week!!!  As it is, I'm a nut case mom who has to know where her child is at all times.  Yes, I do worry when they are at school.  Heck the other day I got a call from the districts automated machine saying " Hello" imagine this in the most robotic female voice you can, "this is the attendance office of XXXX Middle school calling to inform you that your student ... E. J. R was absent today"  WHAT?!! WHAT THE HECK?!!! MARTY!!!!!!!!!!!  WHERE DID YOU DROP OFF ERYKAH AT SCHOOL!!!!?????" Marty with his eyes wide open probably thinking to himself "oh crap what I do?"  " UM...In the back patio...why?"  I proceed to tell him at the same time already dialing the schools main number.  He tells me "NO...I drop her off...that's BS!!"  Well, sure enough, Erykah arrived a few minutes late to one of her mid day classes and they marked her absent!  So...yes...I need to know where my kids are at all times.

So what does all this have to do with me being slave to my electronics...well, let me tell you.  For the past two years, I have had my wonderful Fender HTC android driven phone.  I loved it...it was my first smartphone.  I used it so much. The best thing was, when I first dropped it.  Yeah, that was the best thing that happened to me.  Why?  No I'm not really that crazy. You see...I have friends who have the iPhone and I have seen what happens to their screens with ONE DROP!  Yeah you know...





                                                                image from google.com search

So, I see my phone flying out of my hand...and almost in slow motion...you see me doing this gnarly face...and I'm yelling 'NOOOOOOOO'  and CRASH... my phone comes apart.  Backing over there, battery over here...phone face next to my feet...and...I...WANT...TO...CRY! Cause I am picturing... THAT ^ THERE!  So I go pick it up...look at my screen...and...NOTHING!  Its prefect...not a scratch, crack...nothing!  WHEW!!  After a year an MANY drops...I realized, "hey..this thing is pretty tough!"  Well, after 2 years, it starts to slow down.  It becomes the granny of cell phones.  It wont do what your asking it to do.  It forgets who your trying to call and calls someone else.  It opens up the wrong text message and you start to send of texts, and then  your getting texts back saying "What?...I have no idea what your talking about" 

So finally, I'm at the point where I can upgrade...FREE!!!  And I do...I get this AWESOME NEW PHONE... A Samsung Exhibit II...  yeah...looks like my husbands cricket phone.  Damn! So...ok, Its a TMobile phone...yeah I can be a bit of a snob...I admit it.  Well, kick my snobby butt!  It sucks!  I go onto Tmobile and Im reading the reviews (too little to late should have done that sooner)  and it doesn't have great reviews!  It really has bad reviews...everything I read on it, is everything Im having trouble with.  I cant send texts...which I need cause i have to know what my kids are up to and how they are doing?  It wont call who Im calling and it freezes up on me...and Im thinking to myself "I miss my Fender phone :'(  "   but Im still here using it.  I have it in my hand...I have it next to my bed.  Why, cause I might miss some important emergency notification from one of my daughters in the middle of the night, who are but no more that down the hall...yeah...Im a slave...a slave to my electronics.  Ugh...oh well. 

No comments: